Thursday, April 06, 2006

Xylophones in drag.

Wonderful to read about J.K. Rowling's tirade against those skeletons that parade the catwalks. It's long been my belief that designers use these anorexic wenches because they can use less material in their clothes. It's not fashion, it's pure meanness.

Why do women want to look like that? The clothes these models wear often show more flesh than is decent - at least they would if those women possessed a decent amount of flesh. Imagine those clothes stretched over a more naturally-sized woman. They're designed to make you feel overweight. Perhaps the fashion industry is hand-in-skeletal-paw with the diet industry? Why does it cost more to eat diet food than normal food? I'll consider that another time.

I know I've berated Orson, the flesh-mound, in the past, and I can assure you all I'll do it again. I have not yet referred to him as Orson the Hut, but it's coming. He's one extreme. These catwalk beanpoles are the other.

I expect I'll get asked whether I'd ever go out with one of these ribcage-flashing freaks, so I'll answer now.

No. Not unless I suddenly develop an unhealthy attraction to a xylophone. Although I admit it'd be a cheap date, because they don't eat much.

I prefer women who are woman-shaped. With one exception, naturally. Imogen is woman-shaped, but with the mind of a mediaeval politician.

I consider what's inside just as important, if not more so, than what's outside.

If only I could find one with intelligence, but without deviousness.

I doubt such a creature exists.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curves are good by you? Why Romulus, I'm speechless! Almost. ;)

I'd never have supposed you noticed the ladies one way or another. And now you write this delicious essay. You sweet talker, you.

Women like a man who likes women. They adore a man who prefers his women soft.

Does Elaine know?

Anonymous said...

"If only I could find one with intelligence, but without deviousness."

She's right under your nose Romulus. Here's a hint. Her name starts with an E!

Romulus Crowe said...

Don't attempt to tar me with any kind of romantic feelings. I have none. Elaine is an assistant - her gender is irrelevant. I live alone, and I like it that way. Always have, always will.

Anonymous said...

Ah, well, you won't be you if you had any of those tender emotions lesser men succumb to.

Romulus Crowe said...

Lesser men indeed, if they let their emotions rule their thoughts.

I am, as you say, me, and justifiably proud of it.

Anonymous said...

yes well some of the most deluded characters are quite proud of themselves so that doesn't mean much does it?

Romulus Crowe said...

By deluded, you mean those who think they are more than they really are.

You have the right to judge, then?

Who do you know, who is less than they claim to be? How many false gods have you met?

I've met some real ones.

Anonymous said...

you've personally met real gods?!?!
Do tell us about that!

Romulus Crowe said...

Not gods, but demons. They're not all they're cracked up to be.

Anonymous said...

Tell us more. What demons and how'd you happen to meet them? Is it true that they travel via orbs?

opinions powered by SendLove.to