Saturday, April 29, 2006

A show of intelligence

Someone translated the American national anthem into Spanish, so that Spanish-speaking immigrants would feel more at home.

You can read George Bush's response here .

For possibly the first time, I agree with a politician.

If I moved to Spain I'd expect to have to learn Spanish. If I moved to France, French. If I moved to America I'd have to learn their corrupted version of English. In the UK, foreigners congregate into ghettoes, miniature versions of the countries they've fled. I believe the same thing happens in America. If a country is so bad you run from it, why try to recreate it in another place?

Learn the language and customs of the country that's accepted you as a national, or go home. If you don't like the way things are done, leave.

That's what I'd do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll get no arguments from me. I agree. When in Rome....

Anonymous said...

Illegal aliens aren't immigrants any more than burglars are houseguests.

Romulus Crowe said...

If someone wants to live outside the law, then they must surely forfeit the protection of the law.

Why can't lawmakers see that? Declare open season on criminals, and watch them rush to reform.

opinions powered by SendLove.to