Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hangman

Another pointless tirade from Orson today.

He was miffed that I didn't wear a tie to a meeting with one of his important pals. He wagged his finger a lot and insisted I wear one in future.

I am not employed as a fashion model. I am employed to think. I fail to see how tying a strip of cloth around my neck will improve my ability to do that.

I could have told him this. I could have told him that, since I have already tendered my resignation, his threats have no meaning. Not that they ever did. I was tempted to demonstrate the risks inherent in wearing such a ridiculous garment with an improvisation of the 'Hangman' game.

However, I considered it more fun to let him win this one.

At lunchtime I wandered into the Marchway Emporium and bought a tie. I'll wear it to the next meeting.

It's a tartan bow-tie, with blue and white lights that flash in time to 'Flower of Scotland'.

I'm sure he'll be impressed by my compliance with his wishes.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to