Monday, March 27, 2006

Storm in a teacup.

Elaine was rather more difficult to convince than Orson. Not surprising, since she's considerably more intelligent than him. Sometimes I suspect Orson is nothing more than a walking mound of sea-cucumbers. He certainly displays their collective intelligence.

I brought my full powers of tact and diplomacy to bear, and told her she'd just have to lump it. I alleviated her inevitable sulk with the promise of allowing her to lecture to my students. Naturally, I didn't say when.

So I almost have things back to normal, at least as normal as they ever get here. Imogen is still hanging around, and that wretched priest still appears from time to time.

However, most of life is now back where it belongs.

Under my control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, not only is Imogen still around, but she has a better pulse on the locals doings than you do Rom. I had thought of leaving but along with Elaine have been asked to help with the planning for the Orbs Convention.

Can you blame Elaine for liking the idea. More pay and more credit for doing half of your job, as she does now anyway.

But now, it seems young F-J is rather enamored of the idea of a promotion for Elaine - and perhaps enamored of Elaine?

At any rate we know you are not any more a favorite of his than he is for you.

With his Daddy's blessing, for a change, he is stirring up a lot of interest around the campus among and beyond the Board. And since it is known that Orson put the item on the agenda for the next board meeting, there it remains until considered by the Board.

Might I suggest you're not yet out of the woods with this one Rom? When will you ever learn that honey works better than battery acid for catching flies - and influencing colleagues, not to mention superiors?

Anonymous said...

Oh my! The plot thickens! I wonder who will write the next chapter!

opinions powered by SendLove.to