Saturday, March 25, 2006

Quashing rebellion

Well, that was an interesting week.

It seems our visiting worker has an agenda of her own. I suspected as much. Imogen lost to me at the interview for this position, and she hasn't forgotten that. I have noticed her becoming overly friendly with my assistant, and expected some kind of devious action, but I had expected more subtlety.

However, Orson is as weak-willed as he is balloon-shaped, so it took just a short conversation to dissuade him from Imogen's scheme. A mention of salaries, a hint of discord in his departments, a suggestion that if he promoted Elaine, practically every professor's assistant in the whole university will want the same. He saw sense in the end.

Naturally, I don't want to stand in the way of Elaine's career development. So I will allow her to take over some of my lectures. She's always wanted to do that.

Now, I just have to get rid of Imogen, and everything will be back to normal. Including, unfortunately, that hideous reptile Farty-Jones. Still, it could be worse. If he was a ghost I could never hope to be rid of him.

I think I'll take a holiday while that orb convention is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rom, Rom, Rom!
Do you really think it wise to bad mouth your superiors on a public blog. What kind of character so you think you are? Indispensible? I think not.

First, let me assure you that I had nothing to do with young F-J's proposal. I was as stunned as anyone. Though I admit I consider it an idea with merit. One that I doubt you've heard the end of yet.

opinions powered by SendLove.to