Friday, March 24, 2006

Back to reality

As to reality Rom, I at least have flesh and blood to confirm mine. And the agreement of thousands who have seen, heard, touched me in the flessh.

To paraphrase Crowley 'Reality is difficult to get rid of'. So, it seems, are you.

You might well have been poked and prodded by a thousand grimy fingers. It's not something that appeals to me at all. Nonetheless, your statement does not prove your reality, any more than my telling you how many students I've lectured to proves mine.

You are words on a screen, and when I switch off the screen you no longer exist, in any sense at all, in my current reality. You might as well be a character in a book: I close the book, you're gone.

If only...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least have the good manners to tell us you're closing the book, so we can be sure we've got all our legs and arms in.

opinions powered by SendLove.to