Friday, March 31, 2006

So you know about her relationship with Sweeney. So who do you think he will support if it comes to a show-down between you and the school? Once again who's side are the big $$$ on?

Elaine met Sweeny on one of our investigations. At his house, which is now my house. So yes, I did know about it.

Whose side will he choose? Sweeney was refused a place at the university. He didn't get the grades. The smug weasel Farty-Jones didn't get the grades either, but he managed to get a place. His dad's on the board.

So I think Sweeney will choose wisely.

In any case, sides are irrelevant. I mentioned my thoughts on setting up on my own to Orson. Just as an aside. He won't hear of it.

UK research departments are rated by the productivity of their staff. My departure will drop this department's rating by two points - and there are only five on the scale. The rating determines the willingness of funding sources to part with their cash.

If I did leave, no doubt Imogen would be next in line for the job. Is it any wonder I suspect her motives in being here at all? Her own department is five hundred miles away. I'd really prefer not to have her on my doorstep.

For now, at least, I'm staying.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to