Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Persistence annoys.

Another phone call tonight, from European Strategies India.

They phoned at 7 pm, which at a rough guess is 11:30 pm in India. So they must keep unusual office hours. In Botswana it would have been 6 pm. Hmmm. I already stated, I think, that the Email they sent me came from Botswana. So European Strategies India is in neither Europe nor India, and in fact sells dodgy US shares to UK citizens from Africa.

You have to admire their persistence. I responded to their Email with anger. The next day, they phoned and asked me if I was interested in the shares. Impressive. I said no.

Tonight they phoned again, as though the previous conversations, and my responses to them, had never happened. Now, either they employ astoundingly persistent sales staff or they have unbelievably short memories. I said no again. I pointed out that they were selling Regulation S shares. They denied this, even though the information they sent me clearly stated these shares were subject to Regulation S.

Never, ever, buy something offered by a phone call. They are all, without exception, confidence tricks. Always.

I think they hope I'll give in and buy their shares so they'll stop phoning. Keep phoning, guys. It's your phone bill. Persistence will not pay off this time.

This kind of persistence just annoys me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone other than you give these annoyances so much time and energy? Sheesh - we all get them! And most of us ignore them.

Interesting to watch your squirmishing with Imogen though. She seems to have a logical head on her shoulders. Perhaps you should listen to her a bit.

opinions powered by SendLove.to