Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Regulation S (for Sucker)

Yet another phone call. How do these morons find me?

This one insisted that I could make a fortune if I let them offload a truckload of worthless shares on me. They're US shares, of course, and they come under Regulation S.

If I bought them, I'd have a share in a company so worthless that it is illegal for US brokers to sell them to US citizens. It's not, apparently, illegal for these same brokers to con the British out of cash. The shares can't even be sold back into the US market.

If you buy them, they're yours forever. Your investment is worth almost as much as the paper it's printed on.

So the 'S' in Regulation S really does stand for 'Sucker'.

I've taken to telling them I'm unemployed. It takes a while but eventually they stop talking.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to