Sunday, December 04, 2005

Face transplant

The first face transplant has happened. It will take some time to find out whether it has worked. Good luck to you.

My new boss, Chancellor Orson, should carry a face donor card. He has more face than anyone needs. At the very least, a chin donor card. I counted six at our last meeting. It's more interesting to count his chins than to listen to what he says.

He's one of those who started as a scientist but was no good at it. So he was promoted to get him out of the way. Scum rises to the top, and now we have a thick layer of it on the glass of water that we call science.

I wonder how long it will take before we hear of personality transplants? Orson needs one, desperately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rom, people here in the states have lost their jobs for saying less than this on their blogs. Are you protected by law there? Maybe you're using a pseudonym, but it wouldn't be hard for anyone googling to figure out who you are. What gives?

Romulus Crowe said...

Ah, this is going back to when I was employed. I was, and still am, careless of the feelings of idiots, no matter how far up the corporate ladder they might have climbed.

I could have landed in hot water for this, had it been noted at the time. It was not, and I've been in hot water before with no lasting damage.

Now I am self employed, the only one who can fire me is me. I'm not likely to do that, no matter who complains.

opinions powered by SendLove.to