Sunday, June 03, 2007

8. Scorpio.

Do you take life very seriously?

No, because if you take modern life seriously you either end up deranged or a politician, which is worse.

Do you bottle up your feelings?

I don’t think I can be accused of this. I’m willing to let people know when I don’t like them.

Is it essential for you to have an emotional investment in what you’re doing?

Not at all. An intellectual interest is important, but not an emotional one.

Are you very persistent?

Well, I’m on number 8 and still haven’t given up. That must count for something. Very persistent though – no.

Do you usually make a decision and then stick to it?

Yes.

Do people accuse you of being secretive or uncommunicative?

I’m not secretive, I just can’t be bothered explaining things sometimes. I’ll say no.

Do you pride yourself on being strong-willed?

There’s the presupposition question again – asking if I pride myself on something before determining whether it applies to me. Anyway, I’ll give this a yes.

Are you superstitious?

No. Didn’t expect me to say that, did you? I believe in what I can see, touch and hear. Spirits are not superstition. Superstition is going into a panic because a black cat walks across your path. A normal cat, not a panther. Panic in that instance would be understandable. Superstition is not walking on the cracks in the pavement – a major feat in many UK towns, and as far as I can determine, utterly pointless.

Do you enjoy getting involved in intrigue?

I’m not sure what they mean by ‘intrigue’. I suspect it has to do with gossip-generating activities, and I prefer to avoid those. I’ll say no.

Do you have a slightly obsessive streak?

Slightly obsessive? Isn’t that a bit like saying slightly dead? You’re either obsessive or you’re not. I’m going to say not.


For a quiz requiring yes/no responses, some of the questions are badly worded. It’s hard to definitely say yes or no in some cases. Anyway, I’m not a Scorpio which is a pity because I quite like the symbol.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to