Thursday, October 26, 2006

Gadget time

I have acquired three old video cameras, of the VHS-C type. I intend to take them all to bits over the weekend and hope to put at least one back together.

These old cameras have some advantages over using modern digital devices for this experiment.

They are cheap, especially when advertised with dead rechargeable batteries. I will rig a power supply for them, and if they survive, I'll buy new batteries.

They are much bigger than modern cameras. This gives me a fighting chance of reassembling them.

Their battery chargers are separate units. My modern camera has to have the battery charged on the camera itself. So the camera is out of action when charging and I can't charge a second battery while using the camera. Please, manufacturers, go back to separate chargers.

I'll post photos of progress over the weekend.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to