Friday, January 13, 2006

Time's up

I am in the process of cancelling my account with the waste of wire that calls itself an ISP. They must think it stands for 'Internet Service Prevention'.

I started trying to connect at 10:30, finally managed to get online at 3:30. They refer to 'speed issues'. There is no speed issue. It's zero for most of the day.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for a migration code then I'm out of there. I won't be back.

They might not be too quick. I doubt very much that I'm the only one requesting this. They may well be the cheapest broadband in the UK, but it's costing me a fortune in lost time, and I'm paying them and getting no service at all. So they're not cheap. They're extremely expensive.

They have a technical services line that costs £1 a minute to call, and they're not worth it.

They set up an alleged free dial-up relacement. Any good? I don't know, I never managed to connect to it despite repeated tries.

How they managed to 'improve' a reasonable service by turning it into a totally inaccessible one I'll never know. I don't think I want to.

I look forward to an ISP that has actual people on the end of the customer service line, and does not treat its customers with total contempt.

Is there such a thing? We'll see.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to