Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The penny share scam

The comment that was no comment at all. From the previous post:

At 2:39 AM, davidgreene1401 said…

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com


I did look it up. It's not there. Could it, perchance, have been taken down for spamming the other blogs? Very likely, I think.

There are loads of these penny-stock scams around. They work like this:

1. Pick a very low-price share. I mean, something that costs a penny a share or less.
2. Buy loads of them. The price will go up a little. It doesn't take much to move one of these shares.
3. Spam everyone, telling them about this share that's rising.
4. Lots of gullible idiots will buy the share. The price will go up more. Perhaps it will move from one penny to two.
5. Sell all yours, taking 100% profit.
6. The price drops again. The saps are left with up to 50% losses.

If anyone, ever, recommends you buy a penny share, this is why. They're not there to help you. They're there to make money.

At your expense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a professor in college, the type who lectures 500 students at a time, who used a little of each class to encourage us all to invest our meager student resources in penny stocks rather than the local bar.

Now I wonder was he fool or fiend. Doesn't matter. I spent my money at the bar.

Romulus Crowe said...

'The type who lectures 500 at a time...'

Do you think we do that on purpose?

500 of you turn up, maybe 5 actually want to learn something. The rest are seat fillers, a reason for admin to buy bigger lecture rooms.

As for penny stocks, I think I've dealt with that already.

Was he fool or fiend? Which are you?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm definately a fool. Much more fun than being a fiend. Easier to. Much, much easier.

opinions powered by SendLove.to