Saturday, September 16, 2006

Relentless

I have discovered a drink called 'Relentless'. It's the same as Red Bull, but has twice the volume for the same price. My initial bafflement at the design on the can has resolved--it's an image of a peeled human head. Good thing it's not clear. Somewhere, an advertising executive should be unemployed by now.

This stuff contains 32 mg of caffeine per 100 ml, and 0.4% taurine. I have consumed two cans (500 ml each) so I've just drunk a litre of it. That makes my maths easy. 320 mg caffeine, and 4 grams of taurine. In an hour.

Even though I have been decaffeinated for years, I have noticed no effects besides the smoke coming from my keyboard, the blur where I used to have fingers, the sudden ability to consider fifteen different viewpoints simultaneously, and the lack of sensation in my legs. There is the small issue that it's now 3:45 am and I'm not tired yet, but that's hardly a problem. I'll get more work done. It's going to be a productive night.

Tomorrow might not be so great, but that's the penalty of experimentation.

And this stuff is legal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there's no blog post tomorrow, have a relative let us know where to send the flowers.

Or do you live near a good cardiac hospital?

Romulus Crowe said...

The cardiac hospital was something I did wonder about at one point.

Now I understand the image of the 'peeled head' on the can. That's how this stuff leaves you feeling in the morning.

I'll stick to sipping whisky in future.

opinions powered by SendLove.to