Tuesday, September 12, 2006

No more skeletons

About time too!

Fashion show organisers in Madrid, Spain, have at last decided to stop using walking skeletons to show off designer's bizarre creations.

I think the reason designers use these women is so they can put less material into their weird clothes.

This is a step in the right direction, I think. Perhaps, soon, we'll see designs that fit real people, clothes that don't require you to lose half your body weight to wear. Young girls can emulate models whose flesh actually covers most of their bones, instead of starving themselves into an image best placed in a horror film.

I've never watched any of these fashion shows, since I'm not fashionable, but I have been alarmed at the appearance of some of the models who appear on TV and in magazines. They don't look healthy. They look as though they've risen from the grave, and left it too long before doing so.

A round of applause for the fashion organisers of Madrid, please.

Now, if we can get those designers to come up with clothes that are actually practical to wear, we might finally have a use for the whole sorry industry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope it does. My friend, who already wears a slim, announced the other day she was going to take up a sport to keep her weight down. What weight?

Skinny models are a danger to themselves and others.

Romulus Crowe said...

They're meant to look like heroin addicts.

That makes sense. I'm sure some of the designs they wear were inspired by some kind of narcotic.

Anonymous said...

Ha! :)

Romulus Crowe said...

http://www.lulu.com/content/386513

It's scrolled into the August archive.

I really should work out how to add it to the sidebar.

Romulus Crowe said...

Thanks - I'd worked it out while you were writing ;) Perhaps you telepathically transferred the information while you typed.

Don't laugh - you never know!

Romulus Crowe said...

I wondered if I should ask if you wanted that post deleted, for that very reason. Spammers are extraordinarily efficient at finding Email addresses these days.

I did put up the other links, a long time ago, but couldn't remember how. I put up the latest by the same technique I used last time - random fiddling until it worked. If I have to do it again, a year from now, I'll probably use the same method. It seems to work, eventually, and I haven't yet wrecked the site beyond repair.

I'm going to have to change the heading subtitle next, since I no longer have any 'bosses'. If the blog vanishes for a while, you'll know why...

opinions powered by SendLove.to