Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Stupid is as stupid dies

There are those who believe there is a Higher Intelligence watching over us. They might be right, I have no way to prove otherwise.

However, those who believe that death puts us immediately equal to that intelligence are very, very wrong.

You don't become more intelligent when you die. If you're an idiot in life, you're an idiot as a ghost. All those unpleasant habits stay with you. All those ridiculous notions you cherish now will be just as cherished, and just as ridiculous, when you're a floating lump of ectoplasm.

Don't assume ghosts know everything there is to know. Don't be surprised when they give worthless, generic answers to your questions. It's not that they're not allowed to tell you. It's simpler than that.

People are stupid. Ghosts are people.

You can work out the rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer. So now I can expect to deal with all the same weirdness in the afterlife from my comrades in death that I had to deal with here?

May have to take better care of my health. After all here I can avoid most of the worst by simply planning my day around them. There? Who knows.

Romulus Crowe said...

Yes, I'm afraid the afterlife is populated by as many idiots as this one.

Oblivion seems like a better option.

opinions powered by SendLove.to