Monday, June 19, 2006

Fish orbs


This is the first time I've tried to load a photo, so if it doesn't work, you'll have to take my word for it.

I visited an aquarium when in Scotland, at a place called Macduff. Well, it was close to the distillery so I thought I'd take a look.

The photo isn't great, the fish refused to stay still. The orbs, however, came out perfectly.

The thing is, they're inside a fish tank. Nobody's died in there.

So what are they? Dead fish?

Or dust on the aquarium glass?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So what are they? Dead fish?

Or dust on the aquarium glass?"

Fish Farts? Little Guardian Angelfish? A little fishy indigestion?

Romulus Crowe said...

Guardian Angelfish - I like that.

Anonymous said...

Or mere air bubbles in the water.

Romulus Crowe said...

The fish in question are marine species, including fully-grown cod. They are 2-3 feet in length.

That's quite an air bubble, even if you overlook the undefined edge.

These are the images referred to by the desperate as 'orbs'. They are dust.

And yes, it was a digital camera.

Anonymous said...

Ah, well then, the answer is obvious. No dust orbs this time. It was the Digital Demon.

Anonymous said...

What or where exactly in the photo are you referring to? I see fish and vegetation and a speck of bright shining something near the middle of the right edge. I'd hardly call that an orb. You get too many reflections with glass and water for them to be mysterious - IMO.

opinions powered by SendLove.to