Thursday, December 18, 2008

Firefox takes over.

I have used Internet Explorer since its inception, mainly because it came free with every computer I've bought. However, lately it seems there's been a bug which puts computers at a high risk from hackers, and since I operate my bank accounts online, I switched to Firefox for safety.

It's pretty good, but it takes a bit of getting used to. For one thing it seems to need plugins installed for all the things I took for granted - flash video, etc - and it'll take a while to sort all that out.

It is faster, but then I haven't yet bogged it down with a cache I rarely clear and massive amounts of cached pages I never bother to wipe.

All the same, if you bank or shop online, it might be better not to do it through Internet Explorer until that security thing is fixed.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to