Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Saw a marvellous article in new Scientist this week (30 July 2005, p32) about those frauds who call themselves psychics. They deceive, they lie, they promise to reach the dead but they're all tricksters. Cold reading, that's the key. Get the info from your victim. It's good to see the press agreeing with my point of view.

Well, I'm of to Leeds for a while to visit a couple of these charlatans and bust their reputations. It'll take no more than a week. Elaine can handle things while I'm away, it's not as if she has to worry about students at the moment. They're all on holiday, and anyway by the time they get back I'll be in Marchway.

So will Elaine. She's seen sense, and she's coming with me. There was never any real doubt. Her only alternative was to stay here with Grimshaw, and we all know he's descended from 17th-century witches. He's as much a fraud as they were.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to