Friday, August 26, 2005

Being idle is one of the worst tortures ever devised.

I have completed packing up my house, but can't move to Marchway for three more weeks. That only gives me about 10 days to get ready before the students arrive, and lecturing starts.

Elaine's offered to take on some lecturing, but I prefer to know exactly what the students hear. So I'll do it myself. She's capable, but if she gets wind of just how capable she is, then she'll realise she could get another job elsewhere. It's taken years to find an assisstant I can work with. I don't want her running off just yet.

There's a conference in Southampton at the end of September, but I've found out who's chairing the main session. So I won't be going.

Now I have to find something to do while those wretched workmen sit around my new house in Marchway drinking tea.

1 comment:

Romulus Crowe said...

What kind of morons does the Internet support? Go away, and take your 'electro-dating' nonsense with you. I have no need of any external agencies, I am perfectly capable of running my own private life.

I see from your profile that you don't exist, just a temporary ID to spam us all. You don't even have the courage to tell us your name!

DO NOT click the link. It's a spam site, with a bizarre and obvoiusly temporary name. Most likely roddled with viruses and spyware.

I don't believe in ghosts, but nevertheless I wish you were one.

opinions powered by SendLove.to