Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Distraction time

When someone suggests I visit a post on a blog, I usually go there. I'm not obedient. I'm nosey.

That's why I track back through the blog. The excuse is 'to get an impression of the poster's character'. The real reason is just plain noseyness.

Southern Writer suggested this one. An interesting photo showing a light-image, which doesn't seem to be immediately explainable. (Scroll down past the orbs to find it). It's not a lens flare, it's certainly not dust, and since the blog author posts images of the room from several directions, it doesn't look like it's a reflection from anything. The nearest I could come up with as a possible explanation was a camera strap, but you'd have to hold it awkwardly to get that, and straps are usually responsible for dark, not bright images. So it's an unexplained image. Could well be real. The author mentions other sightings, which I have an idea about, but I have to ask a question or two first.

Then, I wandered down the posts. I found a list of dirty jokes I hadn't heard before, and a couple of links to those 'how-clever-are-you' quizzes.

This one:


Your Language Arts Grade: 100%


Way to go! You know not to trust the MS Grammar Check and you know "no" from "know." Now, go forth and spread the good word (or at least, the proper use of apostrophes).




Are You Gooder at Grammar?
Make a Quiz



To which I pronounce a deservedly smug 'Ha!'

And this one:

You paid attention during 97% of high school!

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Do you deserve your high school diploma?
Create a Quiz



To which I pronounce a double-smug 'Ha!' because I didn't go to school in the USA, in fact I've never yet visited. The UK's teaching of American history is, I suspect, a little different from that taught in US schools, since we were the ones they won independence from. So it's not surprising I missed one in there somewhere. I wasn't looking at it from the rebel-colonist point of view.

Anyway, procrastination time has to be limited, and today's stops here. I have to go back and look at those photos again, and ask some questions.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to your questions!

(and the reason you scored higher on those tests is most likely due to NOT being educated in the US! Double Ha back at ya...er, never mind.)

opinions powered by SendLove.to