Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Technology tamed.

It took a few tries, but I managed to get it sorted out it at last. Having my ADSL tied up for weeks by the Tiscali halfwits didn't help.

The problem I had was due to my being in the UK. I wanted a 6"x9" format, to make the book easily accessible to everyone, but that's a US format so the system kept defaulting back to the UK 'Royal' format. It's close, but doesn't quite work. Now, it's all OK.

'Ghost hunting for the sensible investigator' is now available here.

I'm not too impressed with the European print, but everything's come out OK at least. The Ebook, naturally, is exactly right and very cheap. The only thing missing from that is the cover, and that's of no real consequence. Ordering a print version outside the US could be costly due to the insane postage charges, although I understand lulu.com intends to do something about that (eventually). I hope so, because currently the postage costs more than the book!

Right. That's one done. Next on my list is the creation/evolution issue. Then I might apply common sense and logic to the entire subject of religion.

It's time someone did.

1 comment:

Romulus Crowe said...

Hi Southern Writer,

Yes, the book has only just been made available on Lulu. Not an extensive book, at only 32 pages, but I will produce a second edition sometime next year.

I have to be careful about posting case studies. As I deal with real people, most of whom are charlatans, I need to take care not to give them grounds to sue!

I will look into that though. Perhaps if I remove all names and other details that could identify the subject of the investigation, I could post a few.

opinions powered by SendLove.to