Thursday, August 10, 2006

Finally back online.

I am back online, at long last.

After numerous phone calls to Tiscali, I managed to convince them that they really should provide the service for which I was paying, and stop blocking my line on behalf of the E7Even/EzeeDSL fiasco. For more on this, look in on www.adslguide.org.uk and check their forums. Some unfortunates are still not clear of this mess.

Tiscali, it seems, was not the best choice since their claim of unlimited broadband is an outright lie. They throttle back connection speeds for heavy users. However, as I do not involve myself in such nonsensical activities as online games or P2P filesharing, I should escape their wrath. I'll see how it goes.


The book I placed on Lulu, through Strangely-Brown Publications, didn't print too well, and I could do nothing about it with a dial-up connection because the file sizes were too large. I have now fixed it, and it's available here: http://www.lulu.com/content/386513

I also reduced the price, since getting the message out about the idiocy of most so-called ghost hunters is more important than picking up a few pennies in royalties. The book will save far more money than it costs, should you be considering joining the growing band of amateur spook-chasers.

It seems Lulu had a few problems with their Spanish printer, who deals with all non-US orders, although these are being sorted out now. So the quality of printed copies should improve. I have ordered a copy as a test, and will pass on information on its quality when it arrives.

I still think the photos will be better on the electronic version though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rom - good to see you back!!!

Romulus Crowe said...

It's good to be back. There is too much stupidity in the world, and too few of us pointing it out.

opinions powered by SendLove.to