Friday, April 24, 2009

Negative scanning.

I have invested in a negative scanner. I know, the negative of 'scan' is 'print' but that's not what I mean. This little device scans the negative, not the photo, and then presents a positive image on screen.

It looks ideal. I can take photos with film, scan the negatives into the computer for enlarging, cropping, adjusting, and no matter what I do, I'll have an untamperable negative as basic evidence that the photo wasn't added to or otherwise faked. It's also cheaper than paying for prints and enlargements which are then fixed as to brightness, contrast etc.

I'll put up some samples once I've passed through the inevitable period of 'fiddling around with new gadget'.

2 comments:

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

COOL! I can't wait to see the results! I already want one. Didn't know they existed. Are they expensive? I must have one!!!

Romulus Crowe said...

I bought mine on the UK version of Amazon. It wasn't expensive, but shop around because the price varies a lot.

Very easy to use and takes up very little space. If only I didn't have such a huge collection of negatives!

opinions powered by SendLove.to