Sunday, March 12, 2006

Internet limbo

I'm still stuck with that same useless ISP. I had a MAC number which I was assured would allow me to change to someone else. Someone who knows what they're doing.

That was back in early February. I tried. Or rather, the replacement for the waste of wire I'm with tried.

The connection had been closed, but not released. I admit to having little understanding of the workings of these things but it seems the new ISP could not use the MAC because the moron-operated company had shut me down. They could not set me up as a new connection because the old lot had not cleared the line.

So I was in limbo. Still am, really. The first lot have now put me back online (with service as dreadful as it was before) and have promised to send me a new MAC number since they faffed around so much the first one has expired. With their usual efficiency, nothing has happened yet. Meanwhile I'm already paying the new provider for no service at all. It's not their fault. They are trying - I know this because when I phone their customer service line, someone answers. That, in itself,is an astonishing and refreshing change.

I'm starting to use words like 'Ofcom' and 'Ombudsman', but as usual nobody is on the other end to hear them.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to