Friday, December 23, 2005

Where do ghosts go in the winter?

Being off work gives me time to think.

It's strange, really. I'm paid to think at work. It's my job, but there's no time to do it properly until I'm away from work. So I'm at my most productive when I'm not at work.

Administrators take note. Scientists work most effectively when left alone. Mountains of pointless forms do not improve our output, hours wasted in worthless meetings do not increase our research income. If you want to improve the productivity of the scientists in your establishment, just get out of the way.

Oh, why bother? Admin, like all parasites, care nothing for the well-being of their hosts.

But I digress.

What I've been thinking about are ghosts. Rather, the lack of them in recent months. There have been very few reported hauntings lately. Can ghosts die, I wonder? Do they fly south for the winter? Is there a current wave of poltergeist activity in Barbados?

Researching hauntings, and other alleged spirit communications, is part of my job. It concerns me when part of my potential income just ups and leaves.

In January I have to go back to work. If there are any ghosts reading this, I suggest you do the same.

If you die between now and January, you'll be doing me a big favour if you haunt someone.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to